Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Therre's Something In The Waterrr!! : The Return Of The NBI


A little over a year ago Syp of Bio Break and Massively fame ran a month-long event intended to encourage would-be bloggers to take the next step. This year Doone at T.R.Red Skies and Roger at Contains Moderate Peril have taken up the challenge.

The main hub of activity is the new forum they've set up, which this time is planned to be a permanent fixture, providing an ongoing resource and source of support and advice for bloggers old and new. The whole thing kicks off officially on October 1st but don't feel you have to wait until then to get started.

Last year well over one hundred blogs were created on the back of the NBI. A year later, Wilhelm at TAGN in his absolutely invaluable role as Chronicler of All Things MMO, checked back to see how many were still up and running. That turned out to be thirty, a pretty good score in my opinion, and some of the bloggers who began as Initiates last time, like Ocho of Casual Aggro , return this year as Sponsors.

If you've ever read a blog and thought "I could do that", you were right. You could and you very probably should. You might even find you enjoy it. 

Of course, I'm not really thinking of you. Oh no, my reasons for promoting the NBI are entirely selfish. Last year's crop produced two blogs that became personal favorites of mine, blogs I've read throughout the year and which have given me great pleasure, plenty to think about and a lot of laughs. I'm hoping this year brings at least a couple more blogs as good as Why I Game and That Was An Accident!

You could be working on one of them right now. What's stopping you?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm I'll go check it out, though technically I'm not a "new" blog. Just an unread one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya, thanks for the shout out! :)

    As far as I know, the NBI is great for unread blogs to get some traffic going too. Good community building event all around. Now I just have to find the time in between Tequatl camping to get involved, sign up, write posts and all that jazz. :P

    ReplyDelete

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide